Friday, May 18, 2012

Gig-a-bites



Woo Hoo!  I booked a job that I auditioned for last week.  It's a photoshoot for "something."  I say "something" because you never really know what the heck you are auditioning for.  They tell you who the client is, they take a few pictures of you and tell you, "don't call us, we'll call you."  All I know is they took some pics of me in business clothes and pic of me in Army fatigues? Who knows.

Here is why I think I got this casting. First of all I felt really good about the day.  I had sold my car that morning and that was some stress off my shoulders.  However, the tide turned when I arrived to the casting 3 HOURS EARLY...

(I scan.  By scanning I mean I scan over emails and don't read them throughly enough.  Somehow I read 1:10:00 pm as 10:00 AM.  NOTE: see how they included the seconds in the time.  Apparently I do this alot.  I did not realize it until someone told me.)

...Anyway, I came back at 1:10 PM and the photographer remembered me.  He proceeded to jab me during the whole casting because he thought it was funny.  I took that as a cue to be self-deprecating and it worked.  I made fun of myself and he loved it.  It showed him I was fun and could roll with the punches.  Therefore, I booked a gig.  This is my theory and I'm sticking to it.  

The moral of the story is I put out really positive vibes all morning.  I knew I needed some income while being unemployed and I kept that in the back of my mind.  The time mix up was not an accident. There are NO accidents.  Everything happens for a reason. The universe was rewarding me and made me early on purpose so I could stand out in the photographers mind.  Wah-Lah! I booked the gig.

I throughly believe that when something doesn't happen for you in life, it's wasn't meant to.  The universe is holding out for something better or it's wanting you to learn a lesson and then learn from those mistakes or successes.  

I'll let you know what the hell I auditioned for next week!

No comments: