Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy Cinco De Mayo!!!
(or as I like to call it, Margarita Mania)

Here is a great article a friend sent me about getting out and doing something, anything instead of being sedentary.  It's not too long and has some really great common sense information.  This is more for people who are overweight and give up too quickly when the results do not come quick enough.

The Surprising Shortcut to Better Health

Who instructs the instructors?

I went to spin class (cycling to some people) this morning like I usually do on Saturdays.  One very important motivating factor for me is that a instructor should motivate you to work your hardest during your spin.  I'm one of those people that music during a class has to be very upbeat and something that I know and can sing along with IN MY HEAD.  I'm a pop music, top 40 guy.  I like the bubblegum, Lady Ga Ga, Marron 5, LMFAO kind of stuff.  It's got a great beat and it's easy to dance to.  RIP Dick Clark.
Sorry I just dated myself.

There is an instructor who fills in from time to time and this instructor is a very nice person.  However, I can't spin to classic 70's rock. Yes they are great songs but not great music to spin FOR ME.  This person also is very quiet, refuses to use the mic so it is very tough to hear the instruction.  I left and came back home.  I'm not saying this person is a bad instructor. There are plenty of people who like the class.  It just isn't the class for me.

The moral of the story is this:  It's important to find a class where you feel motivated and inspired. You should like the instructor and you should like the music.  If you're not getting a vibe than it's ok to leave the class.  I went home because I was dressed in cycling gear and cycling shoes and I didn't have any normal workout clothes so I couldn't do anything else.  I'll go back later and do some other kind of cardio.

BTW, I wanted to start off the blog with my stats.  It will help me keep track since I'm so bad at writing things down.  I make lists but then I lose the lists.  I need a list for my lists!

APRIL 3, 2012
Age: 41
Height:  5'10
Weight   208
Waist: 35"
Bodyfat: 28%

Today's weight was 201!!!  BUT mostly water weight, NO sugar and I cut BACK on Diet Coke.  ( God Bless Diet Coke)  Also I found out a side-effect of Adderal is weight loss.  Who could be depressed about that?!

I don't believe in weighing myself everyday.  I only do it a few times a month to get an idea of where I'm at.  The number means nothing really.  It's how your clothes fit.  It's about how many inches are lost.  Remember, muscle weighs more than fat.  If your resistance training your gaining muscle.  If your also eating clean and doing your cardio your weight may not change that much.  It's all about how you FEEL.

No comments: