Sunday, May 13, 2012

Walkin' on Sunshine

Walkin' on Sunshine....

This weekend Western Washington had the most incredible weather.  We're not used to a high of 80 degrees in mid May.  So I made the most of it.

Saturday was kayaking.



I loved it so much I decided to try Paddle Boarding on Sunday.
Notice I'm sitting on my paddle board.  I did not like paddle boarding.  There is something to say for a good workout, which paddle boarding is.  However, I wanted to relax and take in the amazing sunshine and paddle boarding was way too much work.  Besides it did a small number on my back.  All that core work and my back went into a spasm so I sat.


So I did the next logical thing....
 I bought myself a kayak to get my fitness on in the water anytime I want.  It's a basic Costco kayak that was on sale.  Nothing fancy and for now that will work just fine.  


I have a few friends who like to kayak but this is something I can do on my own if I choose.  It's a great arm, shoulder and lat workout.  I can kick back and paddle or I can work hard and really try to get my heart rate up.  It's a win, win!!

No comments: