Monday, May 21, 2012

Bonne Tyler eat your heart out


Total Eclipse of the..ow!...crap!...my Heart!

Yesterday was the annular eclipse.  We spontaneously packed up the boys into the back of the Prius and drove south to Mount Shasta to view the eclipse.  Mount Shasta was one of the places in the middle of the swath the sun cut across the US where you could see the "ring of fire" perfectly.  The above picture was our viewing area at Shastice Park in the town of Mount Shasta.  
Below is exactly what we saw and it lasted for about 4 minutes.

It was one of the most amazing sights that I have ever seen.  How many times in my life would I be able to see this remarkable act of nature?  Who knows.  The fact that the moon is alway "visible" from Earth, yet you hardly ever see it during the day, is amazing to me.


The eclipse really made me think about being spontaneous and how much of the world I'll never get to see before I die simply because there is so much to see.

Being spontaneous never used to be a big deal for me.  As I get older though I have become more anxious about little things.  I used to be able to pick up and road trip at anytime.  Now I was plagued with worries about where were we going to stay? How long will it take? Will the dogs be ok in a car for 10 hours?  Am I going to just want to eat everything in sight like ya do during a road trip? 

In the 2 days we were gone I developed 2 stress-induced blisters in my mouth.  I couldn't figure out at first how I got them.  I then realized I was stressing over EVERYTHING.  On the way back I finally started to calm and the pain started to go away.  This should have not been such a hard thing to do. 

I'm not a planner.  Planning stresses me out...doh!  I'm marking this down as a learning experience.  I learned that I stress over things that just don't matter.  I need to not worry, stay positive and let the universe take care of it.  Stress can be a killer.



No comments: