Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Yoga and Success

Today I took a "gentle yoga" class this morning. It's like the name implies. It's more about light stretching and postures. After my run yesterday I was feeling very stiff this morning. I also taught 2 spin classes back to back and I'm glad I took a yoga class this morning because all my muscles were relaxed and ready to work!

I don't think I could train for this half-marathon with out doing yoga too. It's been so beneficial. Any soreness I have from running is quickly dissipated the next day after a good yoga class.

If you are training for an event and you really want to succeed, try doing yoga in conjunction with training. I have less injuries and have more endurance. The few times I have gotten injured the injury has gone away quickly after a couple of yoga classes.

If you decide to give yoga a try it will suck on the first visit. You have to give it at least 4 or 5 classes before you start to really see results. Sooner if you are in good shape.



No comments: