Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bad Ass Unicorn




Today I went to Yoga class and got my ass kicked.  It was one hour and 15 minutes of the most intense stretching I've ever done.  I got my ass handed to me and at the same time I felt amazing afterwards.  


About half way through class I was seriously considering quitting and leaving.  Why?  It was too hard. Boo Hoo.  I didn't like that some of the poses were too complicated.  I did them but I sure as hell had to really try.  I wanted to give up and give in.  


One thing I've always been told in yoga class is that you have to put aside competition.  It's not about what others around you can do better than you.  It's about what YOU can do.  If your body doesn't want you to stretch as much as the guy next to you then listen to it.  I had to remember that I was in class for myself and if I couldn't finish a pose today, I will be able to in a few weeks.  It takes time.  I'm getting healthier and healthier and I don't want to do anything to mess that up. 

Remember when you are at the gym or on a run and you just want to give up and go home, YOU ARE A BADASS UNICORN.


No comments: