Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My life in 3D HD

Week 1 Post-Op

Well it's been one week since my surgery.  I've already cut back on my pain medication and am starting feel much better.  I'm at the point where I really hate this neck brace and I want it off.  However, I know that if I do I may screw up my neck so I have to just power through it.

One thing I've found helps with my recovery is to go out and buy a 60" 3D LED/LCD flat screen Telly. Trust me it makes recovery much more tolerable. The is nothing like watching all 6 Star Wars movies in HD and the Avengers in HD 3D to take your mind off a fused cervical spine.

I'm also planning my return to the world of fitness.  I can't wait to start yoga classes again. I long for my running shoes and my 5 miles runs with my running partner. Nothing like sitting on your ass for a week that really puts everything back into perspective.

I have such a screwed up spine that I really need to take better care of it.  I'm only 42 and I have too many years left to enjoy, I can't afford to become a cripple when I know i can stop it.

For now it's time to heal up and watch The Lord of the Rings trilogy on a huge HD tv.

No comments: