Thursday, May 16, 2013

Brace yourself!





After months of burning, numbing pain in my right shoulder and arm, I am having three discs in my cervical spine fused.  As you can see from the pic and link above, they go through the front of the neck to get to the discs.  Funny, I'm not so much worried about the spine being toyed with as I am with a scar on my throat.  Vanity.  That's it, plain and simple.

I'm not a movie star or anything but I still count on my looks for making extra money as an actor.  I don't mean to say that I'm Ryan Gosling but I definitely don't need a scar on my neck unless I can get roles playing a car crash victim or a thug.  I guess it never hurt Harrison Ford's career or even Owen Wilson with that weird broken nose thing he has going on.

Back to the surgery.  I have two weeks recovery and an addition 6 weeks of wearing a collar. No not a dog collar but it might as well be.  Maybe I can just wear my dog's cone.  It's not that bad though.  I join the ranks of some pretty elite people who have donned the neck brace. I'll feel like a celebrity.

Kristin Chenoweth after being hit on the head on set with a light.

Chris Brown after his neck gives out after trying to hold up his inflated ego.

The Situation.  Not explanation needed.

Rosie Perez...have no idea but I like her.

Snookie...Hmmm...tanning bed lid incident?

Willow Smith.  That's what you get when you whip your hair back and forth.


I will definitely post pics of me in my new fashion accessory.  A friend of mine asked me yesterday if I will be wearing my brace to the opening showing of Man of Steel?  If it's a Superman movie, I will go in full body cast.



No comments: