Saturday, November 2, 2013

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.




It's been a long time since I last posted.  I've so busy and now I understand how hard it is for bloggers to keep up on their blogs. I've had a cervical spine fusion that has hampered me from going to the gym as often as I'd like.  I'm still working on finding something I can do without injuring myself.

I just had two weeks of training for my new job.  I had to go to New Jersey and push through a very very stressful two weeks.  I had no time to workout.  I ate like shit and I gained alot of weight.  To top it off I got sick like I always do at the end of a training session.

I was home for about 5 days after training when we decided to go to London for 6 days.  Yes I flew while sick.  Yes I become more sick while in London.  Yes I now have bronchitis.



Every time I come back from trips to Europe I always go through a phase where I think I need to really slim down.  I think I'm in pretty good shape until I go to Europe.  The English are all so thin and wear the most stylish clothes.  All really well designed clothes are made for rail thin people.  For once I would love to be able to go into Banana Republic or J.Crew and wear anything they sell.  Their clothes are cut european slim fit.
Piccadilly Circus


One thing to remember as well is that all Europeans smoke.  They smoke and they walk every where. Their Tube system is amazing.  No one really needs a car if they live in London proper.  Other than smoking and walking I counted only 3 McDonald's restaurants in the whole city.  Other than that I say NO fast food.  I did see tons of little shopping markets with fresh fruits, vegetables and homemade sandwiches.







The English eat a light breakfast, stop on their way to work, walking to work, and pick up a sandwich  at a corner market and then shop for fresh food on their way home. The French do this as well.  I know that smoking has alot to do with it as well.  Smoking keeps you thin.  However, I'm not about to take that up.





I'm very very eager to get back into the gym.  I will be getting back into Yoga and spin classes soon.
We also have something called TRX.  It's a workout with straps and you use only bodyweight.  I think that might be the next new thing I try.

Anyway I'm on my sick bed.  I'm watching lots of American Horror Story and Walking Dead.  Resting up to his the ground running at the gym. 

No comments: