Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Reunited cuz if feels so good...

This weekend is my 25th High School Class Reunion.  It's so hard to believe I'm 42. Remember when you were 16 and you thought 30 was so, so old?  I thought 40 must be ancient.  

I grew up with young parents.  My mom and dad were in their 30's when I was in high school. I guess that's why 30 seemed to sold to me.  After all, aren't all our parents old and grumpy when we're 16?

I've heard alot of people dread their class reunions.  I've also heard that by the time you get here to 25 years, everyone seems to have grown out of their "clicks" and have stopped trying to impress each other.  Well, not me.  I mean I like to stay in shape an all but I have to say I worked out extra hard in the last few weeks.  I was still recovering from neck surgery and I was in that stinking gym.  

I also worked out hard because I found out something about myself.  I need a target.  I need a target day or week or year to strive for or else I won't do it.  If I know I have some place to be, or something to do for acting or going on vacation, I will hit the gym and hit it hard!

42 really snuck up on me.  I think it's because I don't feel 42.  I feel more like 32.  Hell, even 22 but then that's probably because I really just a big kid.  I have dogs because I probably couldn't take care of a kid.  If you forget to feed the dog, you can just feed him later.  I hear kids like to eat.  And more than once a day.  

I'm sure this reunion will be a blast.  I'm looking forward to seeing tons of people I haven't seen in a very long time.  I think I'm going to have to break my bed time of 11:00.  God I'm getting old.

No comments: