Monday, August 6, 2012

Long time no see

I haven't posted in so long I fear that I forgot how. I've been so busy with spin classes, running, kayaking and getting ready for my mom and aunt's visit next week.

Since we last chatted I've lost more bodyfat, had to buy more clothes, am now teaching spin 5 times a week and have decided to get certified in yoga.

I enjoy yoga so much that I can't wait until class starts. I've been doing yoga for over 3 months now and feel I'm no longer a beginner. I'm moving up the intermediate level. I'm not up headstand level yet but I'm hoping in the next year! The YMCA told me that it takes 500 hours of teaching yoga to become fully certified. That's a long time. Apparently the Y is excited for me because they want a male yoga instructor.

As I'm typing this I'm sitting in a Starbucks across the street from, all of things STARBUCKS. No not across from another really big Starbucks coffee shop. Across the street from Starbucks Corporate. It's a little redundant to have a Starbucks across the street from Starbucks and I think there is another one just a couple blocks away.

The reason I'm in Starbucks at Starbucks is because I'm filming an independent short film about a block away. It's a 5 minute short and I have a minor role but still a role none the less. It's a resume builder. I think I have one line. The thing is I'm not getting paid and I don't care. It's so awesome to be able to do what I love to do even if I don't get paid. It's like they always say, "do what you love and the money will follow." Well I'm looking in my rear view mirror and hoping to see an armored bank car.

I had a job interview last week for a pharmaceutical job or "soul crushing" as I like to refer to pharmaceutical jobs. It is a good territory, great pay and not difficult. The downside is that the territory also has Spokane, WA and Montana. It's only once a month I 'd have to go to these places so it's not the big of a deal. I have another pharma interview with Johnson & Johnson in a couple of weeks. Same thing, the pay is good and the territory is easy. I'd still rather do movies for free.

The running is going quite well. I'm up 7 miles in 1 hour and 10 mintues. My knees are a little sore but other than that yoga seems to be taking care of any aches and pains I might have. I was definitely sore this morning when I woke up but after 1 hour of yoga I'm all better. Damn I love yoga.

An employee at the Y was chatting me up the other day after class. She asked me how my interview went and I said it went great. She said she didn't think I was that excited. I told her I wasn't. She asked me what is it I would really rather be doing than pharmaceuticals. I said acting. She said what I've been hearing for the last few months. If that's what you love to do and you actually do it in some form, something will happen for me. She told me to put it out to the universe and see if it sticks. I know this but when you get busy with life's little sidebars I start to lose sight. I know that I will not be doing pharmaceuticals forever but I guess as long as I am acting in some form, whether it be theater, commercials or movies, that will put my mind into the correct way of thinking which will then dictate my actions and that points me to the right direction.

I have a fear of becoming that guy wo never got to live out his dream. I forget that I am living it. It's just not the way I thought I would be living it. Be careful what you wish for I guess. I wanted to be an actor and I am. I'm just not famous. Who says you have to be famous to be an actor? There are plent of famous actors that can't act. I hope I'm an good actor who is not famous.

No comments: