Wednesday, June 4, 2014

midwest hospitality

This week I'm visiting the family back in good ole' Illinois and Iowa. In the past I didn't really make it a priority to visit my family but lately things have changed. 

I now have a 3 year old nephew is the funnest human being on the planet.  He laughs at my jokes, at my funny faces and he likes to sing with me. We also tend to like pretending we are sharks when ever we eat Goldfish crackers.  

When we walk we tend to jump as well.  Besides, who wants to always walk all the time when you can hop? BORING!

We also like to swing by me pulling him up by one arm and swinging him forward while we walk...or hop.  Who doesn't like to swing??

Did I mention he is photogenic?  We could take selfies all day long.  The best selfies are "mean selfies." Those are the kind when you make a mean face or stick out your tongue.  Regular smiles are just not fun.

I took a month off from work to get my head on straight.  I decided to take a trip back to my origins because I didn't want to miss my nephew growing up.  I already missed my other nephew and two neices growing up and I didn't want that to happen again. Turns out this trip has done me a lot of good.  It's relaxing.  I'm not on a schedule.  I do what I want whenever I want.   It feels like a mini-vacation except that I'm spending more money on shopping than I have in a long time.  WTF I'm treating myself.  It's been a long month. 

My house is being painted while I'm gone and I don't have to do it.  That was stressing me btw. 

All in all it's a pretty good last week of staycationing. I think I'll do it more often.

No comments: